OUR BADDEST BIG-BLOCK STREET ENGINE
Proving the adage there’s no replacement for displacement, the ZZ572/620 is the ultimate expression of Chevrolet Performance’s engineering capability, wrapped up in a soul-stirring combination of performance and attitude. We build the ZZ572/620 with huge 4.560-inch bores and a 4.375-inch stroke to help it deliver 621 hp and a stunning 645 lb.-ft. of grunt!
Strength comes from a latest-generation tall-deck block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all-forged rotating assembly, while high-flow aluminum rectangular-port cylinder heads with massive 310cc intake passages, 118cc raised exhaust ports and 118cc combustion chambers process tremendous airflow. A hydraulic roller camshaft with incredible 0.632/0.632-inch lift and 254/264-degree duration specifications optimizes the airflow volume enabled by the large-port heads.
Part Number: 19331583
Engine Type: Chevy Tall-Deck Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 572
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.560 x 4.375
Block (P/N 19212195): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 88961554): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 88962926): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 88962925): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 19210721): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .632 intake / .632 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 254° intake / 264° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19331429): Aluminum rectangular port, 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.88 exhaust; stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210726): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Flexplate (P/N 12561217): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,000
- Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped uninstalled and needs to be installed by an engine installer
- Clutch linkage boss is now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
- Requires addition of starter and fuel pump (not included)
- Gen VI tall-deck block has machined mechanical fuel pump boss
- Comes with a 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Requires internally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- You do have a strong transmission and rear axle, don’t you?
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.