OUR LATEST TWIST ON THE BIG-TORQUE 383 STROKER!
When it comes to cranking serious torque from the classic Small-Block, it’s hard to beat the 383 stroker combination, which uses a long, 3.800-inch stroke with 4.000-inch bores to generate exceptional low-end pulling power and surprising high-rpm horsepower.
Chevrolet Performance’s stroker crate engine is part of our range of Street Performance engines and is designed for optimal performance on the street and the occasional trip down the quarter-mile. It features lightweight aluminum cylinder heads based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. Beehive-style valve springs enable great high-rpm performance and durability, allowing the SP383 to rev higher and build more horsepower. The result is 435 exhilarating horsepower and 445 lb.-ft. of seat-tugging torque.
Like all of our crate engines, it is built with a cast-iron block with four-bolt mains. It also features a forged steel crankshaft, an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft and a high-flow, aluminum intake manifold. Use the Holley 770-cfm four-barrel carburetor, P/N 19170093 to achieve the listed horsepower and torque ratings.
Part Number: 19332532 / 19355722
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 383
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.005 x 3.800
Block (P/N 88962516): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12489436): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19332460): Heavy-duty PM steel
Pistons (P/N 12499103): Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 19210723): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .509 intake / .528 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 222° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19300955): Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210724): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,000
Flexplate (P/N 14088765): 12.750″
- Requires addition of carburetor, ignition, fuel pump, thermostat housing, thermostat, and starter (not included)
- 435 horsepower rating achieved during GM testing with high-rise single-plane intake manifold (P/N 12496822) and a 770-cfm carburetor with vacuum secondaries (P/N 19170093)
- Chevrolet Performance dual-plane intake manifold (P/N 12366573) may be used to avoid hood clearance problems, but peak power may decrease by approximately 15-20 horsepower
- Comes with 12.750″ externally balanced 153-tooth automatic transmission flexplate. Requires externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission.
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.